QUETTA - Chief Minister Balochistan Nawab Muhammad Aslam Raisani has said that Federal govt has waived off Rs 17.5 billion overdraft of Balochistan from State Bank. Balochistan's overdraft of Rs 17.5b has been frozen for six months. After six months Federal govt would pay this amount to SBP from its own sources, he added. He stated this while addressing a Press conference flanked by provincial ministers Babu Rahim Mengal, Mir Asad Baloch, Engineer Zamrak Khan and others at CM secretariat on Thursday. The Chief Minister said that due to good financial discipline incumbent provincial govt succeeded to reduce the size of overdraft from Rs 22 billion to Rs 17.5 billion and later it was converted into a soft loan. 'We were asking the Federal govt to waive off this overdraft and so we met President and PM in this connection and apprised them about the financial crisis of Balochistan', he said, adding, both President and Prime Minister took serious notice to solve financial problems of Balochistan. He said that President Asif Ali Zardari summoned Finance Minister of Balochistan and he was informed during a meeting that overdraft of province had been frozen for six months and later on it would be paid by sources of Federal govt to SBP. He said that provincial Cabinet had also played an important role in waiving off this amount. 'I congratulate all members of the Cabinet for this achievement and hope they will further continue their efforts for the prosperity of people', he added. He said that the govt had also given indication for allocating more funds for Balochistan in next NFC and this would help provincial govt to allocate maximum funds for development of Balochistan. Raisani said that his govt was struggling for the development of Balochistan and its people and those elements who did not want development were enemies of Baloch and Pakhtun. 'We also have the same reservations which are being expressed by some circles about arrival of people from other areas of country at Gwadar because of development activities there', he said ,adding,we invite people from other areas of country to come for business in Gwadar, purchase land and make investment there. 'We shall give them full protection but they would not be given right of vote to protect the political rights of Balochistan', he said. The Chief Minister said that Balochistan govt had informed Federal govt about its stand regarding NFC Award and provincial government was optimistic that its stand about distribution of resources among the units would be accepted. He said that we had also informed govt about reservations of Reko Dick, Saindak and Gwadar projects agreements as Balochistan govt had not been taken into confidence during agreements with foreign companies. 'We hope Centre will review these agreements and will remove reservations and doubts of local people', he added. He said that soon they would table a resolution in Assembly regarding provincial autonomy while paper-work in this regard has been completed. He said that govt was taking serious steps for improvement of law and order situation and all concerned authorities had been directed to ensure the security of people and their property.