LAHORE - Diplomats, international economic experts and investors in Berlin, Germany have termed the exhibition of agriculture items of Pakistan in Berlin as a great success of Punjab and Pakistan, , said an official handout issued from Lahore on Sunday. 

As many as 21 different products and agriculture items have been displayed in the exhibition by Pakistani farmers and industrialists. A large number of European investors, diplomats, Pakistani citizens and farmers attended the function. Former Member Provincial Assembly Chaudhry Arshad Jutt who is also a member of the delegation apprised the audience that this exhibition is the result of round the clock efforts of Chief Minister Punjab and his colleagues. He said that the Chief Minister and his political colleagues had paid all expenses from their own pocket for participating in it.

Secretary Agriculture Arif Nadeem said that Punjab government had allocated a huge amount of Rs.02 billion for promoting export of agriculture items to foreign countries. He said that due to the steps taken for this purpose, now farmers had to pay only 30 per cent whereas the remaining 70 per cent expenses will be borne by Punjab government.

Earlier, addressing a function held in connection with the exhibition, Punjab Chief Minister Muhammad Shahbaz Sharif said that he was thankful to political leadership and senior officials of Germany for the warm welcome extended to him and his entourage. The CM expressed the confidence that his visit will help promote export of agriculture items of Pakistan and strengthening of Pak-German relations. He said that the hospitality extended by German government and the people would always be remembered by him.

Secretary Livestock said that besides export of high quality meat to European countries and setting up of a most modern slaughter house in Punjab, production of livestock was also being increased. Vice Chairman Punjab Investment Board Muftah Ismael said that Punjab government has sent teams to various countries for meetings and discussions with exporters.

Earlier, Chief Minister Punjab and his team attended a reception arranged by the head of multinational company Metro. The Chief Minister said that he and his government were thankful to Metro International for the assistance provided for the exhibition of agriculture items in Germany. Expressing his views regarding exhibition, Chairman Metro International said that Punjab Chief Minister Muhammad Shahbaz Sharif and his government had taken a bold initiative through this exhibition. Dr. Andreas Kohler, Member Parliament and President Chamber of Law said that this exhibition will play an important role in dispelling the impression of extremism and terrorism about Pakistan existing in the western world. He said that Germany was ready for extending all kind of cooperation to Punjab.