KARACHI - Inspector General Sindh A.D Khawaja on Wednesday said that no phone call or message has been received from kidnappers regarding abduction of Chief Justice Sindh High Court Sajjad Ali Shah’s son Owais Sajjad Shah.

Talking to media here, the IG Sindh said investigation into the matter is underway as all the concerning officials have been contacted. He said that police and law enforcement agencies are trying hard to recover the victim as several suspects have been taken into custody from different localities.

Khawaja revealed that the incident happened at 2:30pm almost but the family informed police at 9.15pm. He termed Owais kidnapping as important and high profile case.

The officer also criticised the locals for not filing complaints over continuous criminal activities in the metropolis.

On June 20, CJ SHC’s son Owais Sajjad went missing from Clifton shopping mall while his mobile phone had been switched off since the afternoon.

Following the incident, officers of Special Security Unit along with police started snap checking in the metropolis and at all its entry and exit points while security was also tightened up at Super Highway and National Highway.

Investigation revealed that Owais Sajjad Shah was abducted after the kidnappers in a white car with SP 0586 number started following him from the Sindh High Court (SHC) till shopping mall in Clifton.

An eight-member investigation committee of police was also formed to probe into the matter. The security personnel had recovered the mobile data of SHC CJ’s son for further process. Two eye-witnesses had also recorded their statements in this regard according to which, four masked armed men got down from a white colour car and took Owais with them.

On the other hand, litigants faced difficulties as lawyers continued boycott of legal proceedings in the City Court, Malir Court and High Court against Chief Justice Sajjad Ali Shah’s son, Owais Ali Shah’s abduction for the second day on Wednesday.

Lawyers had called a strike in different courts including Sindh High Court yesterday in light of the recent kidnapping of Chief Justice’s son. Prisoners were not shifted to courts for hearings due to the strike.

The lawyers in their meetings demanded the government to ensure safe and immediate recovery of Owais. They said that the abduction is a proof that the lives of the citizens are not secure and terrorists could strike anytime anywhere.

Two top cops were suspended over negligence by Qaim Ali Shah followed by the 'kidnapping' of Sindh High Court's chief justice Sajjad Ali Shah's son advocate Owasi Ali Shah.

District South SSP Dr Muhammad Farooq and Clifton divisional SP Amjad Hayat were among those who suspended by the CM. Police source said that both SP and SSPs were timely informed about the incident but these officers did not ask the SHO concerned to take an immediate action. SSP Dr Farooq is also a member of nine-member special team of police investigating the kidnapping case of Owais Ali Shah.

The law enforcers have speed up their actions in a metropolis following the kidnapping of Owais Ali Shah and so far been detained nearly 50 suspects to get any possible clue about to trace the abducted lawyer.

The investigators have also started interrogations with the suspects already arrested in terrorism cases. "We are trying to get any possible clue from the already imprisoned terrorists," said a police investigator privy to investigations. "We are also questioning the IS-inspired group of Saad Aziz as this group's offshoot could be involved who could be behind in avenge of their comrades killings, arrests and death sentences."

A couple of days have been passed but the investigators remained fail to make any major breakthrough and were unable to get any possible lead into case.

Though the police also have feared his transportation from one place to another, the investigators have extended their network to trace the abducted lawyer and bust the group involved in kidnapping.