rawalpindi - The management of Benazir Bhutto Islamabad International Airport (BBIIAP) suspended as many as 10 flights yesterday after Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority (PCAA) received a bomb threat call from United Kingdom (UK), informed sources.

However, later the call proved as hoax and the flight operation was resumed.

According to sources, the staffers received an anonymous phone call at its flight inquiry number 051-9031221 at 5:05am from London during which the caller told the flight inquiry operator that a bomb each was planted under any seat of flight numbers KU-206, GF-771, TK-711, PK-755 and WY-346 that could explode any time.

On this, the CAA closed the flight operation at the airport and called for bomb disposal squad.

The BDS conducted thorough search of the five aircraft and other premises of the airport and declared the flights and airport clear.

The flight operation remained suspended for almost four hours, causing immense troubles for passengers.

An official of CAA, seeking anonymity, said that the caller introduced himself as Mike and first asked about number of planes present at hangers.

The caller then said that bombs had been put under any seat of the aircraft, he mentioned.

On the other hand, PCCA spokesperson informed media that CAA noted that the authority enhanced security measures after receiving the hoax call. The call disrupted morning flight operation at the airport.

The Pakistan International Airlines (PIA), in a separate press statement, said that three flights of the airline were delayed due to the threat call early in the morning on the BBIA.

Three flights of the PIA were bound to Riyadh, Gilgit and Sakardu. The flights were allowed to take off after the bomb disposal cleared the aircraft.

A source also told that flight number EK-612 destined for Islamabad changed its route after bomb threat was received at Islamabad airport.

Meanwhile, Airports Security Force (ASF) held a passenger after recovering 7 bullets from his luggage at BBIIAP. The accused was later handed over to police for further investigation. The accused was identified as Khan Malik.