KARACHI - Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) and Karachi Police on Friday killed six suspects during two separate encounters in the outskirts of the metropolis.  Four of them were allegedly involved in one of the country’s major terror attack at Wagah border.
Four suspects allegedly involved in Wagha border attack were killed when the CTD officials conducted a raid at their hideout in Ittehad Town locality of Baldia Town in the wee hours of Friday.
CTD officials said that raid was conducted on intelligence information about the presence of militants. They said they had faced strong opposition during the raid as the militants attacked the personnel with heavy weaponry. More contingent of police was called at the site to counter them.
CTD’s Anti-Extremist Cell in-charge Ali Raza told all the four militants were arrested in injured condition. They, later, succumbed to injuries when they were being shifted to hospital. He further informed that the militants have yet to be identified. They were affiliated with Omar Khorasani group of Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan. Besides their involvement in the Wagha attack , they were also plotting for a major terror activity in the city, he added.
The CTD officials also claimed to have recovered arms and ammunition from their possession. The bodies were shifted to Edhi morgue in Sohrab Goth after medicolegal formalities at Civil Hospital.  Separately, two suspected militants were killed and two policemen were wounded during a raid in Manghopir locality. Police said the encounter took place during a raid at the hideout of militants in Sultanabad area. The militants attacked the police with hurling of hand grenades and resorting to indiscriminate fire. Resultantly, two policemen namely Arshad and Ayaz were wounded. In retaliation, two militants were killed while few of their comrades managed to escape under the cover of fire. Police also claimed to have recovered huge cache of weapons from their hideout.
The bodies of the militants were taken to Abbasi Shaheed Hospital and later shifted to Edhi morgue for identification. Following the escape of militants, police have apprehended one dozen suspects during the search operation in the area. The detainees were shifted to undisclosed location. Further investigation is underway.
Meanwhile, Sindh High Court on Friday issued notices to Director General Rangers, Inspector General Sindh and others on June 4 on the petition filed by Tahir alias Lamba wife.
The suspect is accused of having links with Indian intelligence agency.
Tahir’s wife stated in the plea that his husband has been on remand twice by the ATC yet the police claim that they do not have the suspect in their custody. She also requested the court to take action against the police and other responsible people.
Three people including a man and his son were gunned down in two firing incidents in Malir and Liaquatabad areas of Karachi on late Thursday night, said the rescue sources.
Two men, said to be father and son, were critically injured when unknown armed assailants opened fire at a hotel in Malir 15 area. They succumbed to their wounds on the way to hospital. Police said the victims were identified as Syed Wahab and Farhan. In another incident, rescue sources said a man was shot dead in Liaquatabad area.
Blast kills two minors
A blast killed two minors near the Sindh-Blochistan border in the jurisdiction of RD 109 village Gunj Bux here on Wednesday.
According to witnesses the blast was so intensive that it was heard from miles away. Najma, 8 and Aziz, 9 children of Khushall Chakrani were killed while crossing the road. Bodies of the kids were handed over to heirs after legal formalities.  Police speculate to be an act of terrorism. Rangers cordoned off area and searched for other landmines. No FIR was registered till filing of this report.
A youth was gunned down in the village of Shabir Sawand in the jurisdiction of Gublo police station here on Friday.
Hakim Ali Sawand was on his way home when he was attacked and killed by unknown people. Police removed the body for legal formalities and later handed over his body to the family. The family of the deceased protested outside SSP office demanding justice. According to the police the killing happened due to rivalry between two groups Sawands and Sabzois. FIR has been lodged.