ISLAMABAD - The successful Haj 2016 applicants, who want to take back their deposited money for any reason, have been directed by the Ministry of Religious Affairs to apply for the refund of their deposited money.

According to a notification of the Ministry, the refund forms could be obtained by clicking The forms should be deposited to Account Officer (Refund), Ministry of Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony, Islamabad.

The Ministry will issue a Refund Authority Letter, allowing the applicant to get his deposited money back from the relevant bank branch.

After getting the refund, another application should be submitted to Section Officer (Haj Policy) requesting the permission to allow his/her blood relative as his/her substitute to perform Haj in Government Haj Scheme on his place.  The Ministry will issue a letter, showing its consent to the substitute Haji (pilgrim). The substitute Haji will submit his Haj application alongwith a copy of passport to the relevant bank branch. 

The successful applicant, who do not want to perform Haj,  should submit the reason of his withdrawal from performing Haj including a death certificate, medical certificate, etc. The substitute intending Haji must be a blood relative of the successful applicant.

The proof of relations, a copy of substitute's passport, Computerised National Identity Card (CNIC) should also be submitted to the Ministry.