HANGU/Mingora - At least five persons were killed and over 10 injured on Saturday afternoon as a result of bomb explosion in a mosque of Thall, a town located in Hangu District. According to eyewitnesses, the explosion took place after Asr prayers, in which five persons were killed and a number of others buried under the debris. Immediately after the incident, a large number of local residents and police personnel rushed to the site and started removing the debris from there. They recovered 10 injured persons form the site. Later, they were shifted to District Headquarter Hospital Hangu. The residents have confirmed the killings of five persons. However, it has not been confirmed either it was a suicide attack or a planted bomb blast. Meanwhile, Farooq Khan, a brother of NWFP Forest Minister Wajid Ali Khan, was shot dead by some unknown masked men on Saturday in Shahdara locality of Mingora. Farooq Khan was a police inspector, presently posted in Prosecution and Legislation Wing of Swat Police. Apart from being brother of Wajid Ali Khan, Farooq was a nephew of Muzzafarul Mulk MNA and cousin of sitting MPA Dr Haider Ali Khan. According to details, Farooq Khan was going to somewhere in his car when some masked men fired at him. He was fatally injured in the incident and immediately afterwards he was rushed to a hospital where he could not survive and succumbed to injuries before receiving any medical treatment after reaching the hospital. Farooq Khan had served as SHO Police Station Khawazakhela where he had conducted a successful operation against militants in 2007. Later, he was transferred to Dir region. A couple of months back he was posted in Prosecution and Legislation Wing of Swat Police. Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) Swat Chapter chief Maulana Fazalullah had threatened Farooq Khan of dire consequences and a number of times announced it on his illegally installed FM Radio station. It may be mentioned here that the NWFP Forest Minister Wajid Ali Khan had played a key role in signing of May 21, 2008 peace agreement between the NWFP government and TTP. However, TTP broke the accord.