MISRATA (AFP) - Military commanders in the Libyan city of Misrata said Saturday that no post-mortem would be carried out on the body of Moamer Gaddafi despite concerns over how the toppled dictator died. Interim leader Mustafa Abdel Jalil said an investigation was being conducted into the circumstances of Gaddafis killing following his capture, bloodied but still alive, during the fall of his hometown Sirte on Thursday, after several foreign governments and human rights watchdogs posed questions. Meanwhile, NATO announced plans Friday to end its seven-month mission in Libya on October 31 but will issue a formal decision next week after consulting the United Nations and Libyas interim authorities. We agreed that our operations are very close to completion and we have taken a preliminary decision to end Operation Unified Protector on October 31, NATO chief Anders Fogh Rasmussen said after lengthy talks in Brussels with ambassadors of the 28-member alliance on when and how to wrap up the campaign. In the meantime, I will consult closely with the United Nations and the National Transitional Council, Libyas interim authority, he added. NATO would continue to monitor the situation and retain the capacity to respond to threats to civilians, if needed, Rasmussen added a day after the death of Moamer Kadhafi and the fall of his last strongholds. But the military leadership in Misrata, where Gaddafis body had been stored, insisted the inquiry would involve no autopsy.