NEW DELHI (AFP) Indias anti-doping agency on Wednesday lifted the provisional suspension of seven Indian athletes selected for next months Commonwealth Games in New Delhi. The suspension was lifted after the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) re-classified methylhexaneamine, for which the athletes tested positive. The provisional suspension has been lifted, National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) chief Rahul Bhatnagar told the Press Trust of India. WADA had indicated that the NADA panel can take a lenient view on the athletes in view of its decision to shift the drug to the 'specified category from next year, he said. Four wrestlers, a shot-putter and two swimmers who were all part of Indias Games squad tested positive for methylhexaneamine, a stimulant used widely as a nasal decongestant. These included two female swimmers, Richa Mishra and Jyotsna Pansare; three male wrestlers, Rajiv Tomar, Sumit Kumar and Mausam Khatri; female wrestler Gursharanpreet Kaur, and male shot-putter Saurav Vij. Four others who were not picked for the October 3-14 Games but also failed the test were also reprieved. Bhatnagar said a final decision on whether the selected athletes can take part in the Games will be taken on Saturday. WADA officials told Indian media last week that the substance was removed from the non-specified category because it had reappeared in a number of nutritional supplements and was therefore subject to potential inadvertent use by athletes. Doping has afflicted Indian sport over the last decade, with weightlifters being the chief culprits. The Indian weightlifting federation was fined 500,000 dollars by the world governing body after six lifters failed dope tests last year. The federation managed to pay only 125,000 dollars and was forced to take an interest-free loan from Games organisers to pay the rest of the fine and ensure their participation in Delhi 2010. Injured bridge collapse workers given compensation The labourers injured when a footbridge collapsed near the main Commonwealth Games venue have been paid compensation, the state government said on Wednesday but a court ordered it to pay more. New Delhi chief minister Sheila Dixshit told reporters that 50,000 rupees (1,100 dollars) had been given to those who were slightly hurt and 100,000 rupees had been awarded to those with more serious injuries. I visited the hospital, met the labourers. Nobody seems to be critical, said Dixshit, adding that they were recuperating well and out of danger. Some 27 labourers were injured, five of them seriously, when the bridge linking a car park with the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in New Delhi came down on Tuesday, heaping fresh pressure on the embattled organisers of the October 3-14 Games. The Delhi High Court said compensation should be increased to 100,000 rupees and 300,000 rupees for the more seriously injured, with two judges accusing the state governments labour department of failing to monitor health and safety. The judges also ordered police to investigate the collapse and told the state government to report to them next week after inspecting all Games sites, the domestic Press Trust of India news agency said. Dikshit said the authorities had decided to abandon reconstruction of collapsed bridge and would instead create a new path for the spectators to enter the venue. The stadium is due to host the opening and closing ceremonies plus the athletics. The Games have been blighted by claims of widespread corruption, dubious contracts and the use of poor quality building materials, as well as delays and problems with the athletes village, which some teams say is uninhabitable. On Wednesday, a section of false ceiling in the weightlifting venue next to the stadium also collapsed but no one was reported injured.