KARACHI - The Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) on Thursday strongly denied any involvement in the May 12, 2007 killings in Karachi, as claimed by WikiLeaks. Partys deputy convener Dr Farooq Sattar said at a news conference at Nine Zero that 14 workers of the MQM had lost their lives that day; hence the party was a victim and not perpetrator of the tragic incident. Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry was scheduled to visit the city that day. However, all roads from and to the airport had been blocked with containers and a rally in support of the chief justice had been held, which was fired at. The killings made it impossible for the CJP to visit the city and he had to return to the federal capital after waiting for several hours at the airport. WikiLeaks attributed certain remarks to Dr Farroq Sattar, alleging that some MQM people, ISI, former president Pervez Musharraf and some other elements were responsible for the May 12 killings. Its an attempt to defame the MQM. However, the conspiracies will fail, as did the ones hatched in the past, Farooq said. , adding that the MQM had nothing to do with the tragedy. He recalled that two days after the incident, he had addressed a news conference at Islamabad to disclaim any role in the tragedy. I repeat the same (denial) today. He said the MQM had prepared a DVD Bitter Truth and had provided the same to the media to make it absolutely clear that the party was not involved in the killings. He told a questioner that those who had taken the law into their hands should be taken to task. When asked who was responsible for blocking the city roads with containers at a time when an MQM leader was the Sindh home minister, Dr Sattar said the question was out of the news conferences scope. He said for now he would only like to clarify his own position on what had been attributed to him by WikiLeaks.