OUR STAFF REPORTER LAHORE - Punjab Industrial Estates (PIE) has claimed to complete the initial work for installation of first-ever 50 megawatt coal power generation plant in Sundar Industrial State while process of getting license from NEPRA is underway. For this purpose, the Board of Director of PIE has established a power committee under the PIE, which will look after this and other power related projects of industrial estates of the Punjab. This was disclosed by the Chairman PIE, S M Tanveer in a briefing to Lahore Economic Journalist Association here on Thursday. CEO PIE Major Gen Retd Javed Iqbal was accompanied by him on this occasion. He said extension work of 132 KVA grid station of PIE was also underway to add additional 34 megawatt in the industrial estate system to ensure uninterrupted availability of power to the industries of the Sundar Industrial Estate (SIE). Meanwhile, PIE has also started Industrial Estate development work in Bahlwal and Rahim Yar Khan with its own resources, he said adding that planning and development of ten other industrial estates in the province was also underway. He said these industrial estates would be established in Kasur Tannery Park, Gujrat, Vehari, Bahawalpur, D G Khan, Wazirabad Cutlery Cluster, Jhang, Okara, Sahiwal and Rawalpindi. He said PIE was working under the vision of Punjab Chief Minister Muhammad Shahbaz Sharif to make the Punjab an industrial hub in the country with all modern facilities. He said 100 acre each Halal Park would also be established in Rahim Yar Khan and Multan Industrial Estates to promote the Halal Product of Pakistan and get its share from world Halal Food market. He said PIEDMC made the Public Private Partnership concept successful and completing its project without support of any government institution. He said the Punjab government had given Rs one billion only at time of PIEDMC established and now it is Rs 15 billion worth Company with all positive repute. Talking about the financials of the company, S M Tanveer said that PIE BoD approved 2005 to 2008 accounts while international repute Internal and External Auditors was appointed for self-accountability of the PIEDMC. He said SIE is state of the art Industrial Estate in Pakistan where all utilities and concerned departments offices including SNGPL, EOBI and Social Security were established. He said as the result of the present management of the PIE the Punjab Government had abolished Capital Value Tax. He said under the auspicious of PIEDMC Boards of Management were constituted in Sundar, Quaid-e-Azam, and Multan Industrial Estates and empower them to run their affairs independently. He said Master Plan of Bahlwal Industrial Estate was completed and litigations in Multan Industrial Estate was finished so that work on Phase-II of this estate was started. PIEDMC is under process of developing Rahim Yar Khan, Bhalwal, Multan Phase II and Vehari industrial estates and total available land is 1590 acres whereas the sell able land is 1,094 acres approx 70 percent of the total land, remaining 30 percent will be used for horticulture and infrastructure development. The Chairman PIE informed it is worth mentioning that through industrialization of these Industrial estates will generate 192,000 jobs. The total contribution in the GDP of the country would be approximately Rs17 billion, he further explained.