DUBAI/SANAA (Reuters/AFP) - A senior member of Al-Qaedas Yemen wing who the Yemeni government said it killed has emerged on an internet forum, threatening to carry out attacks in the US. Yemen declared an open war on Al-Qaeda on its territory last month after the groups regional offshoot claimed responsibility for a failed bomb attack on a Detroit-bound plane in December that grabbed the worlds attention. Today, you have attacked us in the middle of our household, so wait for what will befall you in the middle of yours ... We will blow up the earth from beneath your feet, Qasim al-Raymi, the wings military commander, said in an article posted earlier this month on a website used by militants. Yemen said in January it had killed six regional militant leaders in air strikes, but Al-Qaeda later denied this, and other senior members Sanaa had said were dead, such as deputy leader Saeed al-Shehri, have since re-emerged on websites used by Islamist militants. In an audiotape posted earlier this month, Shehri, a former inmate of the US prison at Guantanamo Bay, called for a regional holy war and a blockade of the Red Sea to cut off US shipments to Israel. In his article, Raymi said US assistance to Yemen has strengthened Mujahideens popularity among local tribes. Addressing the US government, he wrote: You united us with our people ... the catastrophe unites those it befalls. Meanwhile, Yemeni Foreign Minister Abu Bakr al-Kurbi was quoted on Tuesday as saying that Al-Qaeda could target ships in the strategic Bab al-Mandab strait between Yemen and Somalia but could never completely control it. All Al-Qaeda can do is to threaten ships by attacking them with missiles or capturing them in international waters, like the pirates from Somalia, Kurbi said in an interview with the ruling partys Al-Mithaq weekly. But Al-Qaeda could never, as it has threatened to do, take control of the Bab al-Mandab or international shipping lanes. Thats why these (threats) are worrying. We take them seriously, and in Yemen we have to prepare for possible sea or land attacks, as countries such as Britain, the US and others are doing, he said. At the time the Interior Ministry in Sanaa said Al-Qaeda threats do not frighten the security forces and they reflect the isolation and despair of terrorist elements in Yemen.