GHAZNI (Agencies) - Four Afghan soldiers were killed in an attack on the convoy of an Afghan provincial governor, who escaped unhurt, his office said Saturday. The convoy of Mohammad Halim Fidae, the Governor of Wardak province, near Kabul, was hit by a roadside bomb on Friday morning. The bomb struck an Afghan army vehicle which was part of the convoy, killing four army soldiers and wounded another one, provincial spokesman Shahidullah Shahid told AFP. The Governors vehicle was driving behind the army vehicle which was overturned by the impact of the blast. Tlaiban opened fire on the convoy after the blast but there were no further casualties. Two militant fighters were arrested after the incident, Shahid said. A Taliban spokesman, Zabihullah Mujahid, claimed responsibility for the attack and said they had killed eight soldiers. Also Friday, seven Afghan civilians were killed and one wounded in the north when they tried to dig out a bomb left over from the Soviet invasion, the Interior Ministry said. Meanwhile, Taliban attacked a police patrol in eastern Afghanistan early Saturday, capturing a district police chief and two other officers, police said. The patrol, which included Jamtullah Khan, the police chief of Shaigal district in Kunar province, on the border with Pakistan, was attacked after midnight, provincial police chief Khalilullah Ziayee told AFP. Taliban abducted the district police chief along with two other policemen, he said. Meanwhile, Nato said a roadside bomb has killed two US service members in southern Afghanistan. A statement said the Americans were killed Saturday but gave no further details. The deaths bring the total number of Americans killed so far this year to at least 22. Taliban separately killed three women and injured three men in the eastern province of Paktika, the Interior Ministry said. Twelve militants were, meanwhile, killed in Helmand, officials said.