NORTH WAZIRISTAN - Afghan Taliban on Monday dismissed media reports regarding the killing of their supreme leader Mullah Muhammad Omar. Afghan media quoting government sources in Kabul reported that Taliban supreme leader had been killed while travelling from Quetta to North Waziristan. Spokesman for Afghan Taliban Zabihullah Mujahid rejected such reports. He said Talibans coordinated attacks in Afghanistan had increased recently and the Afghan government wanted to create 'anxiety among Taliban to demoralise them. He said Mullah Omar was leading the Taliban. Agencies add: Afghanistans intelligence services said Monday that Taliban leader Mullah Omar had disappeared from his hideout in Pakistan, but could not confirm that he had been killed despite an earlier claim. Security officials in Pakistan and diplomats, US military commanders and government officials in Afghanistan all cast doubt on reports that Omar, one of the most-wanted men in the world, had been killed while travelling between Quetta and North Waziristan in Pakistan. Omar, the one-eyed, reclusive leader of militants with a $10 million bounty on his head is said to have vanished up to five days ago. We can confirm that he has been disappeared from his hideout in Quetta, Balochistan, said Lutfullah Mashal, spokesman for the National Directorate of Security (NDS). He has been disappeared from his location during the last four to five days, he added, speaking in English. So far we cant confirm if he is dead or alive. Mashals comments came hours after one Afghan intelligence source called a handful of reporters to tell them on condition of anonymity that Omar had been killed in Pakistan by the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) agency. A separate source later told AFP that he had been missing for 11 days. The Taliban have denied that he is dead or missing. Speaking to AFP by telephone from an undisclosed location, Afghan Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said the claim was pure propaganda. A senior Pakistani security official also said he could not confirm media reports, including on Afghanistans private TV station TOLO, that Omar had been killed by members of Pakistans Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) spy agency. I am making queries, the official said, requesting anonymity. I cant confirm it. The claim came exactly three weeks after the killing of Al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden by US Navy SEALs in Pakistan. It was not immediately clear exactly how Afghanistan would have such detail on Omars movements, although Mashal said the information came from our sources and senior Taliban commanders. The first Afghan source, speaking on condition of anonymity, said that Omar had been killed on Friday, citing information received from sources within the Haqqani insurgent group. Based on ISI instruction through former ISI chief Hamid Gul, Mullah Mohammad Omar was told to move from Quetta to the tribal district of North Waziristan, which borders Afghanistan, the source said. As Mullah Omar was being transported from Quetta to North Waziristan by the ISI, he was secretly killed by the ISI. However, a second Afghan intelligence source who also spoke anonymously said that Omar had been missing for 11 days following a meeting with Gul. It has been 11 days since his close circle, the people around him, have no clue of his whereabouts. The Taliban leadership are all concerned and worried for the sudden disappearance of Mullah Omar, the source said. Gul described the claims by the sources as totally false. I never met Mullah Omar, not even once in my life, he told AFP. This has been fed by the Indian lobby to defame Pakistan and me. I dont think he is in Pakistan. He never came into Pakistan, even during the Soviet Union war (in Afghanistan). I am in Murree with my wife and I have no involvement in this, whether he is dead or alive, Gul told Reuters by telephone from the hill town. We dont know if he is dead or not. My sense is he is alive. Interior Minister Rehman Malik also told media that Pakistan had no such information on Omars alleged killing. In Kabul, senior diplomats and US military officials also could not confirm the report and would not comment publicly. Some described the reports as speculation.