Milan: American heavy metal band Five Finger Death Punch postponed a show in Milan on Sunday night, over fears it would be the target of a terror attack.

The band told fans there were “rumours” the show could be hit by a “next wave of terror attacks” like Paris. In a Facebook post they said they had worked with authorities and the local promoter to try to boost security. However they could not “ensure that our fans would be safe at the event” so had been forced to postpone the show. According to the International Business Times, the threat had been uncovered by the collective of online activists known as Anonymous. It said it had uncovered information that the Islamic State group was planning several attacks at venues in Paris, the Five Finger Death Punch show in Milan and the WWE Survivor Series event in Atlanta.–BBC

“We did our best in a very short amount of time to work with the local promoter and authorities to ensure that security would be adequate,” read Five Finger Death Punch’s statement online.

“Unfortunately, we did not receive confirmation in time to satisfy our requirements and to ensure that our fans would be safe at the event. Therefore, we were forced to postpone the show to a later date.”

The Las Vegas band had called off a show in Strasbourg the week before “out of respect for the victims and to observe France’s three national days of mourning”. More than 120 people were killed during the attacks in Paris, 89 of them at the Bataclan concert venue where rock band Eagles of Death Metal had been performing.

In a separate Facebook post published at the time, Five Finger Death Punch told fans: “We followed the tragic events in Paris Friday night with great sadness. We are devastated at the loss of life and have friends and fans who were at the concert.” They added: “Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families and those affected by the terror attacks in France.”