KARACHI - Sindh government has decided to launch a campaign against beggars active in the vicinity of sensitive places of the metropolis, The Nation learnt here on Thursday. Source privy to the matter reveled that provincial government has decided to eliminate the menace of beggary in the limits of Sadder Town and Clifton Town. The said areas are home to sensitive government installations and consulates of various foreign countries and have already been declared high security zone. Source added that the decision to this effect has been taken keeping in view the latest reports of intelligence agencies. The concerned authorities were informed that terrorists could easily enter these areas in the guise of beggars. It has also been learnt that Chief Minister Sindh Syed Qaim Ali Shah had already been taken the notice of the situation. Source pointed out that police officials have been informed ahead of the proposed drive against beggars in these areas. It was also learnt that beggars, arrested from the areas including Sindh Secretariat, Sindh Assembly, hotels and foreign embassies would be handed over to the Edhi Foundation. It is pertinent to mention here that the drive against beggars has been initiated several times earlier but the authorities could not succeed in eliminating the menace. Source added that foolproof security at the Sindh Assembly and provincial secretariat is the main priority of the government after the latest wave of terrorist activities. So far, the Sindh government has spent more then Rs 15 million on the security measures at the Sindh Secretariat and provincial assembly. Policemen warned Taking serious note of killing of citizens due to firing in wedding ceremonies, Sindh Home Minister Dr. Zulfiqar Mirza said on Thursday that the Station House Officer of concerned Police Station would be held responsible for the failure to prevent such incidents. Issuing instructions to the Inspector General of Police, he urged for taking effective steps to prevent the firing at wedding ceremonies. Mirza suggested that the Station House Officers should hold meetings with notables of their area to convince the people against the firing that causes loss of precious human life. Home Minister said in case of any such incident, the SHO, Duty Officer and Mobile Officer would be held responsible.