LAHORE - Lahore Development Authority (LDA) Deputy Director Waqar Ahmad fell prey to the dengue fever and has been admitted in a private room of Shaikh Zayed Hospital, Lahore with high blood infection. The patient and his family suffered immense trouble when the LDA officer was kept on wheelchair for four hours at the Emergency Department of Shaikh Zayed Hospital due to delay in his admission in the hospital. According to a hospital source, the Vice Chancellor University of Health Sciences, Lahore Malik Hussain Mubbashar reached the emergency department of the hospital when he was informed about considerable delay in the admission of the LDA officer. He was a close friend of the LDA officer, the source said. It has been learnt reliably that one of the patient's family members also involved a senior officer of Cabinet Division, Islamabad in this regard. Meanwhile, the Chairman Shaikh Zayed Hospital Prof Dr Anwar A Khan visited the emergency department and inquired about the health of the LDA Deputy Director sitting on wheelchair and his annoyed family. On the request of the family the Chairman Prof Anwar A Khan and the VC UHS shifted the patient to Shaikh Sultan Room (SSR) No 2, a private room usually reserved for VVIP patients. The hospital source told The Nation that the family brought the LDA Deputy Director Waqar Ahmad at the Emergency Department of the hospital last Tuesday at around 1:00pm. He complained to the doctors about high temperature. During medical examination the emergency doctors suspected him as dengue fever patient. Later, the investigation reports tested him positive. The doctors informed the family that the patient was in critical condition with high infection rate as his platelet counts had dropped to a minimum level. Meanwhile, small spots started to appear on different parts of his body and doctors advised the family to make efforts for immediate admission of the patient. The patient however, remained on wheelchair as all the beds of the emergency department were occupied. On the request of the family, the emergency department doctors informed the administration about the critical condition of the patient. They also asked the Incharge Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Dr. Zeshan that the patient be admitted to the ICU, as he needed immediate treatment. Dr. Zeshan told the emergency department that no bed was vacant in the ICU department. It is pertinent to mention here that the sickbay ward of the hospital, where the dengue patients were shifted for treatment, had been closed for the last one year. Meanwhile, the emergency doctors brought the issue to the knowledge of the medicine department and the Assistant Professor of the Medicine Department Dr. Azim Taj claimed that the department had no vacant bed. Due to delay in admission, the two senior doctors Dr. Azim Taj and Associate Prof. Dr. Ziaullah visited the emergency department and examined the patient there. The patient's son Muhammad Kashif told this scribe that his father had been confirmed as a dengue patient in the clinical reports. He said nobody, not even the family members, was allowed to meet the patient in the room due to his critical condition. To a query he said that his father and family suffered immense trouble due to hours long delay in getting admission. Waqar Ahmad was first taken to a private hospital (Rashid Hospital) and later the family shifted him to the Shaikh Zayed as there was no ICU department in the private hospital, he said. Mobile phone of Chairman Shaikh Zayed Hospital Dr Anwar A Khan was not responding when tried to contact.