DEAD SEA, Jordan (AFP) - Libya's interim prime minister Mahmud Jibril said on Sunday the formation of a new government is expected to take "from a week to a month." "There are consultations to form a new government and this process would take approximately from one week to one month. It might take longer and or less than that," Jibril told reporters on the sidelines of the World Economic Forum next to the Dead Sea in Jordan. "Then there will be real hard work to minimise the period to have elections to elect our national congress which would be the new parliament instead of the National Transitional Council (NTC), which is going to be dissolved." Jibril said on Saturday the first elections after the liberation of the country "should be held within a period of eight months maximum." Libya's new leadership is expected to formally proclaim the country's liberation on Sunday. "I am not planning to run for anything," Jibril said in response to a question about his future. "I will step down right now," he said as he left the stage pointing at the stairs. Jibril said at the end of September he would not form part of a new government. He has reiterated that he wants to quit his post in order to help "develop civil society in Libya on solid foundations." Jibril meanwhile said he had no reason to question the credibility of an autopsy that has been carried out on the body of ousted Libyan despot Muammar Gaddafi. "I have no reason whatsoever to doubt the credibility of that report," he said. "The coroner says in the medical report that he (Gaddafi) has been already wounded, taken out, put in that truck, and on the way to the field hospital there was cross-fire from both sides." Jibril added he did not know "whether the bullet that hit him in the head came from his own security brigades or from the revolutionaries." "They took samples of his DNA, blood, hair, face hair ... every sample that was required," he said. The judge in charge of organising the autopsy confirmed that the body of Gaddafi, 69, had been examined, adding he was waiting for a report on the causes of death. Since he was killed on Thursday trying to flee his hometown of Sirte, Gaddafi's body has been held in a refrigerated chamber outside Misrata, drawing large crowds wanting to view the remains of the despot who ruled Libya with an iron fist for decades.