KASUR

Victim families of the country’s biggest child abuse scandal on Monday called off their boycott of the joint investigation team (JIT) after Punjab CM Shahbaz Sharif assured them of justice.

The victim families said that their counsel Muhammad Latif Sara, on their behalf, called on the chief minister in Lahore. They cited the CM as to have assured Mr Sara that no one involved in this heinous crime would be spared and that the victims would be provided justice ‘at all costs.’

On the assurance of Advocate Latif Sara, the victim families called off their boycott of JIT and recorded their statements with team at State Guest House on Monday.

The affected families members told the media that they called off their boycott of the JIT following the Punjab CM’s ordered regarding withdrawal of all cases registered against them. They hoped that they would be provided justice.

The police have also been directed to cooperate with the victims who approach them with complaints.

The joint investigation team, tasked with probing the scandal, has so far recorded 126 statements of the victims, their parents, witnesses and other people. On Monday, 16 citizens also showed up at the JIT camp office and recorded their statements.

On the other hand, the Ganda Singhwala Police arrested Wasim Sandhu, a fugitive accused of Hussain Khanwala abuse scandal on Monday.

He was at large since the scandal resurfaced some four weeks ago. The locals said that arrest of the accused has boost the victim families trust in the JIT.