QUETTA - Zamindar Action Committee Balochistan (ZACB) has announced, a complete shutter down and wheel-jam strike throughout the province on March 30th, against loadshedding what farmers said had destroyed agriculture in Balochistan.

The announcement was made by ZACB General Secretary Abdul Rehman Bazai, Syed Abdul Qahar Agha, Mir Kabir Muhammad Shahi and others while addressing a Press conference at Quetta Press Club here on Sunday. They said that according to quota of Balochistan it should be given 1170 megawatts but presently the province is getting only 370 megawatts against demand of 1550 megawatts.

They said that through a conspiracy construction work on Dadu-Khuzdar and Loralai-Dera Ghazi Khan Transmission line was not completed due to which the province was not being provided electricity from other alternate side.

They said that owing to unequal distribution of electricity the agricultural sector of the province had completely collapsed and they were unable to even pay the monthly bills.

They said that they had been protesting and meeting the authorities concerned but no heed was being paid to address the issue of loadshedding upon which they had decided to observe shutter-down and wheel jam-strike on March 30th.

They said that all main highways of the province would be blocked and appealed to the people and transporters and political parties to cooperate with them so that the strike could be successful.

They warned that if loadshedding does not end farmers would surround Governor’s House on April 11th and stage a sit-in.