LAHORE - An old man was killed shortly after the police fired teargas shells to disperse angry protesters who had blocked Ferozepur Road to denounce the killing of a 30-year-old man in police custody in Burki police limits on Friday. Dozens of protesters on late Friday night blocked Ferozepur Road by setting the tyres on fire after an accused was allegedly tortured to death in police custody four days back. At least two protestors and four policemen were injured and shifted to General Hospital in critical condition, Edhi official said. As per details, Burki police had apprehended an accused Abdul Sattar, resident of Alo Village, some 15 days back for his alleged involvement in a dacoity bid. Later accused Sattar was shifted to Chowki Soay Asal, where he remained 11 days for investigation. Then the accused was shifted to Burki police station, where he was handed over to two police officers of Investigations Wing including Investigation In-charge Zaffar Shah and Abdul Rehman. The heirs of the deceased claimed that both these officials had received Rs30,000 from them and promised to release the accused. But sources said Zaffar and Rehman had demanded more money besides hurling them life threats to the arrested youth. Both of the officials inflicted severe tortures on Sattar four days back and ultimately claimed his life. Police informed us that Sattar had committed suicide by taking poisonous pills in a washroom early in the morning, a close relative of the bereaved family said seeking anonymity. When asked how he managed to bring pills in police precincts, the officers abused them and ordered to take away the body otherwise they would also be arrested, he added. The heirs however shifted the body to the City morgue for autopsy and later held a protest demonstration at Ferozpur Road against the Burki police. Meanwhile, a heavy police contingents reached the spot and opened tear gas shells on the protestors when they refused to leave the place till acceptance of their demands. An eyewitness Hameed said police were reacting as if the angry protestors had murdered any police officer. However during this stampede an 80-year-old Mushtaq, uncle of deceased Sattar, fell unconscious, who was later shifted to Jinnah Hospital where the doctors pronounced him dead. The DIG Police (Operations) Rao Sardar Ali Khan however claimed that the man breathed his last in hospital owing to cardiac arrest. The protestors again blocked the Ferozpur Road and continued chanting slogans against the police till filing of this report. Earlier, Chief Minister Punjab Mian Shahbaz Sharif, taking notice of the incident regarding death in Burki police station, ordered immediate judicial inquiry against the responsible police officials.