Rawalpindi-A worker of district health department electrocuted to death during dengue surveillance campaign in an under-construction building at Dhoke Mangtal.

The deceased was identified as Muhammad Asif, who was working with district health department as public health worker and supervisor of union council (UC) # 4, Dhoke Mangtal. He was checking the larvae at the under-construction building when live wires hanging on the rooftop fell upon him.

The dead body of Asif was moved to District Headquarters (DHQ) Hospital for autopsy. Executive District Officer (EDO) Health Dr Arshad Ali Sabir also rushed to the hospital. He said that the health department started investigations into the matter and the report would be presented to district coordination officer (DCO) soon for further action.

DCO Talat Mehmood Gondal, when contacted, said that it was very unfortunate incident and the City District Government Rawalpindi (CDGR) will compensate the family. He said that he directed the health department to provide compensation money to the victim family within 24 hours