STOKE-ON-TRENT (England) (AFP) Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini insisted he is not under any pressure despite watching Stoke City end his sides hopes of silverware this season by dumping them out of the FA Cup. A Dave Kitson goal gave Stoke the lead with just over 10 minutes to go before Craig Bellamy equalised moments later as a hitherto quiet game suddenly ignited. Emmanuel Adebayor was dismissed two minutes after Bellamys equaliser for catching Ryan Shawcross in the throat and that gave Stoke a crucial advantage going into extra-time, during which they scored two quick goals to advance to the quarter-finals for the first time since 1972. Stoke utilised their biggest asset in the shape of Rory Delaps huge throw as he launched a flat throw-in towards the six-yard box which allowed Shawcross to nod over Shay Given, and just four minutes later Tuncay dribbled past Pablo Zabaleta and Shaun Wright-Phillips to score Stokes third and send City out. Mancini replaced Mark Hughes amid great fanfare in December and won his first four matches as manager at Eastlands. But City have now won just two of their last eight matches in all competitions and four defeats in 15 matches under the Italian compares unfavourably with Hughess record. Mancini however remained in bullish mood after the encounter and shrugged off any notions that his job is at risk. There is no pressure, he claimed. Im disappointed because we lost because we had a good chance to get through to the final but this is football, we must improve. Carew double keeps Villa on Cup twin track Two late penalties from John Carew sealed a 3-1 win over Crystal Palace as Aston Villa kept their quest for a Cup double alive on Wednesday. An FA Cup fifth-round replay between the two clubs appeared destined for extra-time after Darren Ambrose had cancelled out Gabby Agbonlahors first-half opener for Villa with a 73rd-minute spot-kick. But Villa, who face Manchester United in the League Cup final at Wembley on Sunday, eased into a quarter-final date with Reading or West Brom after Carew was twice brought down by Matt Lawrence in the final nine minutes. On both occasions, the giant Norwegian striker got up to take the penalties himself and he twice left the otherwise impressive Julian Speroni with no chance. Agbonlahor had given Villa a deserved lead when he headed in Ashley Youngs corner, three minutes before the end of an opening period which had seen Speroni make several fine saves. Palace got back on equal terms in the 73rd minute after England hopeful Stephen Warnock was adjudged to have brought down Alan Lee. Ambrose sent Brad Guzan the wrong way from the penalty spot but Villas late pressure and the Palace defences problems in containing Carew made the difference. My opinion is that we played very well and dominated the game. We had six or seven chances to score a goal. I havent said anything to my players because they played well but football is strange. The City manager felt the 83rd minute dismissal of Adebayor was a particularly harsh judgement on the Togo striker and he may have had a point. Adebayor undoubtedly raised his arms to Shawcross and therefore contravened the laws but he only just caught Shawcross in the neck in a movement that seemed more clumsy than malicious. Referee Steve Bennett saw differently and produced a straight red card, much to Mancinis chagrin as he felt it swung the match in Stokes favour. Stoke manager Tony Pulis professed to not having seen the red-card incident after the match and was understandably keener to praise his side for their efforts rather than concentrate on Bennetts decision. This was Stokes third encounter with City in the space of 13 days after they drew with them 1-1 in a Premier League tie as well as another 1-1 draw which prompted this fifth Round replay and Pulis was ecstatic with the way his side managed against the worlds richest club.