LAHORE – A 60-year-old man along with his minor granddaughter were found dead along a teenage housemaid in injured condition at a home in Abu Bakar Block situated in the Garden Town police precinct on Saturday.

SP (Operations) Model Town Police Division Muhammad Masood Maruf Wahla termed the killings as ‘targeted murders’. Talking to this reporter the SP said the circumstantial evidences pleaded the investigators to consider it as targeted episode.

The deceased were identified as Muhammad Arshad and his four-year-old granddaughter Khadeja. After visiting the crime scene, policemen told reporters that although nothing was missing from the victim’s home, they were probing into the matter from various aspects including dacoity-cum-murder incident.

According to details, the deceased son Adnan Arshad is employed at the State Bank of Pakistan and had been living with his family in the house, since long.

 “On the day of incident, he along with his wife went shopping, leaving his father Muhammad Arshad, Khadeja and a 13-year-old housemaid Shumaila at home,” said the SP, adding that a few unidentified men broke into the home and killed them with a sharp edged weapon. “Available evidences show the accused came in by scaling the walls and committed this crime. They went on to stab the injured the housemaid, who fell unconscious,” he stated.

Masood believed the entire episode was executed within 30 minutes after the couple left for shopping.

“The killers only injured the housemaid but they brutally killed Arshad and his granddaughter and left the house without moving anything from its original place,” he commented.

SP further told that Adnan Arshad has expressed complete ignorance about old enmity or personal grudge with any of his relatives or friends.

“In fact, he is tight-lipped about the incident but my investigators are in contact with him and any further development would be made public,” said the SP.

Later, DIG (Operations) Ghulam Mahmood Dogar flanked by SP Modem Town and other senior police officers visited the crime scene and examined site.

The bodies were removed to the City morgue for autopsy. A case has also been lodged against unidentified accused men with no arrest till filing of this report. Further investigations are underway.