LAHORE - Scores of people Friday launched strong protest against the Lahore General Hospital management for not providing treatment to a critically injured youth who succumbed to his injuries outside the emergency department. The youth identified as Mahmood who sustained critical head injuries in a road accident was brought in the police van for emergency treatment but the doctors refused to attend the patient. The doctors declared the youth 'dead' despite the fact that the police officials informed them that the youth was alive and need their immediate attention. The police officials also exchanged hot words with the on-duty doctors outside the emergency department when the former requested the later to save the life of the youth saying them that the injured was alive. The injured youth however, remained unattended in the police van outside the emergency department which resulted in strong protest against the hospital emergency doctors. Angry protestors including the relatives of the youngster changed slogans against the emergency department's doctors for their 'inhuman' attitude towards the critically injured patient. However, on the strong agitation of the angry relatives of the youth, two doctors immediately rushed to the police van and started providing treatment to the injured patient but to no avail as the youth had breathed his last. The angry protestors later gathered outside the emergency department and demanded immediate suspension of the irresponsibly doctors. When contacted the DMS emergency department Dr. Muhammad Shafi, he denied the allegations of the police officials and the deceased's relatives saying that the youth was not alive when he was brought with critical head injuries. He claimed that on the agitation of the aggrieved family, the doctors immediately rushed and provided treatment to the patient in the police van outside the emergency department. To a query the DMS said that the doctors were reluctant in providing treatment to the injured youth as he was not alive. Police said the victim Mahmood was on way to home along with his friend Muhammad Waseem on a motorcycle when a rashly driven truck crushed them near Ghazi Road. Gang busted, illegal weapon seized Investigation Police Shahdara claimed to have busted a gang of criminals involved in a number of incidents of street crimes and arrested its two members and seized illegal weapons from them. The accused have confessed to 10 such incidents during preliminary interrogation. A per details, these criminals were arrested by a special team constituted on the directives of SP Investigation City Division Pervez Qandhari comprising SPO Shahdara and other officials from GT Road Shahdara on a tip-off. The felons of this gang used to snatch valuables from the passers-by at gunpoint and had also committed house robberies. The police recovered two pistols and bullets from their possession. The arrested were identified as Arshad AIi and Muhammad Asif alias Shahid. DIG Investigation Mushtaq Ahmed Sukhaira has announced cash prizes and commendatory certificates for the police raiding team.