TRIPOLI (Agencies) - A group of 17 leading Libyan football figures have announced their defection to the rebels. They include the nations goalkeeper, Juma Gtat, three other national team members, and the coach of Tripolis top club al-Ahly, Adel bin Issa. Gtat and bin Issa announced the groups defection to the BBC during a late night meeting in the rebel-held Nafusa Mountains in western Libya. It comes on the heels of defections by military officers. Goalkeeper Gtat said there is no proper infrastructure... there is no health care... This is because of the bad regime we had for the last 42 years. I tell him (Gaddafi), leave us alone and leave the Libyan people (to) enjoy their life in new Libya, Libya for freedom. Issa said he wanted to send a message that Libya should be unified and free, adding that he hoped to wake up one morning to find that Gaddafi is no longer there. Meanwhile, Nato came under verbal fire again on Saturday from Moamer Gaddafis regime, which accused it of killing 15 more people in strikes on civilian sites in the eastern city of Brega, a claim promptly denied by the alliance. Meanwhile, three powerful explosions struck the eastern Tripoli suburb of Tajura, where a number of military installations are located, and columns of smoke could be seen from the city centre, AFP correspondents said. It was not immediately known if the blasts were the result of an attack by Nato, which has repeatedly targeted the area in the past. The colonialist crusader Atlantic coalition bombed civilian sites, among them a bakery and a restaurant in Brega, creating 15 martyrs and more than 20 wounded, among them regular clients of those places, state television said. The report, which did not say when the attack took place, referred to a Nato war of extermination and crimes against humanity in Libya. However, state news agency Jana said the attack was on Saturday and spoke of five more citizens killed a day earlier. Following the Libyan television claim, the Nato spokesman said the alliance did target buildings in an abandoned area of Brega. These were legitimate military targets that were hit. We took a long time to watch the area and make sure. Meticulous planning went into this. In its daily operations report, the alliance said that on Friday it had targeted 35 objectives, including military vehicles and installations, around Brega, a key refinery town some 800 km east of Tripoli and 240 km southwest of the rebel stronghold of Benghazi. Once assessed as clear military targets, precision-guided munitions were employed to end the use of this abandoned civilian neighbourhood as a command and control hub to direct attacks against civilians, Nato said on Friday. Separately, Operation Unified Protectors military spokesman Mike Bracken told AFP on Saturday: We take great care to avoid civilian casualties, and even at the last minute we will divert weapons to ensure civilians are not injured. Earlier this week, after Nato admitted misfires that Tripoli says caused several deaths, Italian Foreign Minister Franco Frattini called for a suspension in the campaign in the latest sign of dissent within Nato.