A 50-year-old man, who was admitted to hospital with serious bullet injuries three days ago, succumbed to wounds on Tuesday, police said.

Malik Khadim Hussain was shot and wounded in the Chuhng police area over mobile phone easy-load dispute and was admitted to a local hospital in critical condition.

Police investigators said that a shopkeeper, identified as Ali, died on the spot while Hussain wounded seriously when three gunmen, Liaqat, Zulifqar and Sajid, opened fire on them. The clash erupted between the shopkeepers and the shoppers over the dispute of cash transfer in the mobile phone of one of the killers through easy-load system. The body was removed to the morgue for autopsy. The killers are still at large.

The police have registered a double murder case against the killers and are investigating.

Shot dead: A 40-year-old man was found shot dead in the Nishtar Colony police limits on Tuesday. Police said that the man, later identified Muhammad Sabir, was found dead near Gajjumatta Rohi Nullah as they reached the spot. On early Tuesday, some passersby spotted the body and contacted the police by phone.

Wife of the deceased told the police that Sabir had developed monetary dispute with some group and he had left the house on Monday evening to receive cash. But he did not come back home and later his mobile phone was switched off.

 The body was removed to the morgue for autopsy. The police are investigating.

Strangled: A man was recovered strangled to death from the canal in the Sundar area, two days after he went missing under mysterious circumstances. Police said on Tuesday that the body of the deceased, identified as Muhammad Salim, was recovered from the canal. Some passersby spotted the body and alerted the police.

Investigators say that Salim had developed illicit relation with one Humera Bibi and therefore the motives behind the killing could be his love-affair with the woman.

The body was removed to the morgue for autopsy. A murder case was also registered against unidentified killers on the complaint of Muhammad Imran, the adopted son of the deceased. Further investigation is underway.–Staff Reporter