LAHORE - Motorcycle parts and other valuables worth millions of rupees were reduced to ashes when huge fire broke out at a multi-storey plaza at Mcleod Road, one of the populated areas of the City known for big markets of new motorcycles on Monday. The fire was so huge and alarming that its flames and smoke could be seen from a distance. Traffic and other routine life also remained suspended four hours during the hours-long rescue operation causing great troubles for the motorists and other people. Eyewitnesses said that the fire first erupted at fifth story of the building where a huge stock of motorbike parts was stored. Later, it engulfed five other floors of the building due to reportedly late in launching operation by the officials of the rescue agencies. The fire, which continued for more than seven hours, gutted almost everything at all the floors of the affected multi-storey building that was housing mostly offices where business of motorcycle parts was being run. It is learnt that four officials of the Rescue 1122 and City Fire Brigade squad also sustained multiple burn injuries due to huge fire, which rapidly spread from one floor to the whole building. The injured officials identified as Irfan, Maqsood, Imtiaz and Shahbaz got trapped due to huge flames. According to the fire extinguishing squad, the fire erupted due to short-circuiting. City Fire Brigade and Rescue 1122 officials rushed to the spot and launched rescue operation on the emergency calls of the affected people. According to the Rescue 1122 officials as many as 13 special vehicles of both City Fire Brigade and Rescue 1122 took part in the operation. The witnesses said that the fire started at 4:30am at the fifth floor of the building. The fire fighters controlled the fire within three hours. As soon as the Rescue officials returned, the fire again erupted at the fifth floor, which later rapidly spread in the other floors of same building. The shopkeepers alleged that the fire erupted again due the negligence of the Rescue 1122 officials who returned without extinguishing the fire completely. On the emergency call of the affected people running their business in the building, they said, the fire fighting squad again reached there and launched rescue operation. It took them five hours to control the fire which gutted everything present in the floors, they said.