NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Indias home minister said on Monday Pakistan had been given enough evidence to prosecute those behind last Novembers attack in Mumbai that killed 166 people and led to renewed tensions between the nuclear-armed rivals. Palaniappan Chidambarams comments came days after India gave Pakistan new information relating to the attack, which New Delhi says was carried out by Pakistan-based militants who must also have had the backing of some official Pakistani agencies. Islamabad denied official involvement but acknowledged that the raid had been launched and partly planned from Pakistan. It has detained several Islamist leaders, including some whom India has named as planners of the guns-and-grenade assault on Mumbai. India gave Pakistan a dossier of information shortly after the attack and followed it up with what it said was more evidence that Pakistan could use to prosecute the guilty. I think there is abundant material to prosecute those who have been arrested and those who are accused of launching the Mumbai attacks, Chidambaram told reporters days after being re-appointed Indias home minister after a general election. In my view both as a minister and a lawyer the material that has been furnished to them is more than adequate to press ahead with prosecution. India and Pakistan have exchanged angry rhetoric since the attack, with India saying Pakistan was not doing enough to bring the perpetrators to justice. I do not want to be very harsh in my first comment on Pakistan, Chidambaram said. Any prosecutor, any prosecuting agency should be more than satisfied with the first dossier, second answering 20 questions and the third providing clarifications. Pakistan has lodged a police complaint against eight suspects, including Mohammad Ajmal Kasab, the Pakistani militant caught alive by Indian forces during the attack. Nine other attackers were killed by Indian commandos.