Radio Pakistan is facing a lot of losses and only earnings are only 14% of income of the government agencies the rest of the other 86% is being borne by the federal government. There is a fleet of producers and the salary cannot be paid without government funding. The staff has failed to bring any innovation and to this primitive system is the backbone of the corporation. It’s a corporation but is not run on commercial lines. Although it’s a main organ of the government and has been ruined by previous DG Mr Solangi. The accumulated loss is 345 million rupees. He has never visited Quetta which in a poor condition and has kept vising the US and has earned huge foreign currency. The present DG is making an all-out effort but could not succeed due to several fiscal crunches. The only way out is to privatised it. 


Islamabad, October 23.