SIALKOT-A Pakistani youth, who had been held hostage by some international human traffickers in Azerbaijan, reached home as the accused released him following the arrest of their two accomplices by the Federal Investigation Agency(FIA).

FIA Divisional Deputy Director Khalid Anees said that victim Ali Raza reached back home in Sambrial-Sialkot after his twelve-day captivity in Azerbaijan by some international human traffickers including Zubair Warraich in Azerbaijan. They had kidnapped and made him hostage for ransom, demanding Rs1.8 million ransom from his widowed mother Surraya Bibi in Sambrial for his early release from their captivity.

"The accused captors released him after the arrest of their accused companions by FIA and the victim reached back home from Azerbaijan,", he added.

Khalid Anees said that Sambrial-based two human traffickers Anees Ahmed and Sagheer Ahmed had Ali Raza to Azerbaijan illegally via Dubai through Sialkot international airport on October 13, 2017 after getting Rs250,000.

The human traffickers had kidnapped the youth soon after his landing in Azerbaijan. Accused made him hostage there and demanded Rs1.8 million as ransom from his family in Pakistan for his early release from their captivity.

The widow approached the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA), which arrested Anees Ahmed and Sagheer Ahmed, residents of Bhopalwala, Sambrial tehsil, on Oct 23, in the case.

He said that both the accused Anees and Sagheer were on physical remand given by a local court in the case.

VISIT Regional Police Officer (RPO) Gujranwala Region Azam Sultan Taimuri will visit Sialkot Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SCCI) today. SCCI President Zahid Latif Malik told the newsmen that RPO Gujranwala will discuss in details the matters of mutual interest with Sialkot exporters during an important meeting scheduled to be held at SCCI here.

RAPE: Accused Zulfiqar Malangi forcibly raped a maid Yasmeen in Sialkot city's congested Tibba Jaaliyaan-Naikapura locality. Yaseem told the police that she was a maid by profession and the accused called her at home for giving her a part time job, where he forcibly raped her. Naikapura police have registered a case with no arrest.