RAWALPINDI/LAHORE - The authorities Thursday got the lounge of the Benazir Bhutto International Airport Islamabad vacated after receiving a call that a suicide attack would be made at the airport. Soon after receiving the call ostensibly from a cab driver the already beefed up security at the airport was further tightened and security personnel rushed to get the lounge of the airport cleared of all the passengers while the parking lot was also cleared of all the vehicles. The officials informed The Nation that the security at the airport was already put on high alert after the suicide attack at a five star hotel in the Federal Capital a few days ago and after getting this nerve shattering phone call the security officials rushed to clear the airport from passengers and the people who were there either to see off their relatives or waiting for the arrival of some of their guests. They also told that a telephone call about the possible suicide attack was made from a taxi driver. They further said that security had been stepped up at the airport but the flights were continuing as normal although some airport complexes were closed for some time to avert any untoward situation. They said that Benazir Bhutto International Airport was evacuated and searched as soon as the bomb threat emerged while offices and the lounges reopened soon afterwards. Sniffer dogs were brought in to comb the airport while fire brigade, bomb disposal squad and ambulances also reached the airport to meet any emergency. Only passengers with valid tickets were allowed into the airport complex. All non-essential staff and personnel were asked to leave the premises. Talking to The Nation, Regional Police Officer (RPO) Nasir Khan Durrani confirmed that a taxi driver made a telephone call to PIA authorities to inform them regarding the suicide attack. "The taxi driver said that two suspicious persons were talking to target some sensitive place with bomb," the RPO added. After this, he continued, police conducted general hold-up and obtained the information from excise office about the taxi owner and took into custody the owner and driver to get the information. However, the owner and the taxi driver denied that they had made such a call and the owner said that his taxi was not on road on Thursday. Nasir Khan Durrani said that it was premature to say whether it was a hoax call or the man had tried to conceal his particulars due to some fear. "But we cannot ignore this in the present scenario where the country is facing worst wave of terrorists activities," he added. Report from Lahore adds: Following the threat calls to Islamabad Airport authorities by the unknown extremists, security staff was put on red alert at Allama Iqbal International Airport (AIIAP) on Thursday. A spokesman of ASF told The Nation that after Islamabad threat calls, the Ministry of Defence has asked the security staff of all the airports of the country to be vigilant and the security at AIIAP had been beefed up to avoid any untoward incident. He said that security at AIIAP had been upgraded from high to red alert wherein security staff has to remain more vigilant and alert. He claimed that in this sort of security "we make hundred percent baggage, body and vehicle search on entrants to the airport and patrolling is increased". He said that during state of red alert, people other than passengers are not allowed to enter into briefing area and entry into the airport area was only subjected to the photo identity. The security officer said that though their staff was already alert all the time but after state of red alert they had become more vigilant and patrolling of commandoes is an added measure. He said that the ASF had extended its security areas in view of the situation and now its staff was patrolling in the extended areas of airport. In normal circumstances any case of protocol or facilitation recommended by government is considered or entertained but during the state of red alert only the most urgent case of the government is considered, he added.