KHAN GARH - Nawabzada Muhammad Nasrullah Khans death anniversary will be marked on Monday (today) in Khan Garh as eight years have elapsed since the political leaders death. Nawabzada Muhammad Nasrullah Khan s/o Khan Bahadar Nawabzada Muhammad Saifullah Khan was born in Khan Garh city on November 1918. They were 6 brothers. Mr Nasrullah started offering prayers at the age of 9 years regularly and also Tahajad when he was 13 years old. He was a polite man. He never compromised on religious and political ethics. He spent his 70 years - 1933-2003 - in politics and fought a war for democracy against military dictatorship in every era. He was also a poet and remained Chief Editor of Daily Azad. He got his preliminary education from Chiefs Aitcheson College Lahore. He worked for Majlis Ahrar-ul-Hind with Syed Attaullah Shah Bukhari (RA) and joined politics. He also started a campaign against British Raj. He hosted first political procession at Khan Garh but could not say even a single word but Hazraat. At that time, nobody knew that he would become a great politician. He was arrested first time being a member of All India Kashmir Committee in 1934 and 1935. He also voted for the Resolution of Pakistan on March 23, 1940 under the leadership of Quaid-I-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah. He was defeated in his first election in 1945 at the ticket of Majlis Ahrar-ul-Hind. Later, he joined the Muslim League and contested 1951 elections and won two seats of MLA. After the death of Quaid-i-Azam, Nawabzada formed another party - Pakistan Awami League - in collaboration with Hussain Shaheed Suhrwardi. He latter was the president of the party and Nawabzada was the general secretary. In 1953, Hussain Shaheed became the prime minister of Pakistan but he did not accept any post under the presidency of Field Marshal Ayub Khan. After one year, elections were held but a martial law was imposed with the conspiracy of Sikandar Mirza and Ayub Khan. The latter became the president of Pakistan as well as Joint Chief of Staff. Mr Nasrullah was attacked thrice allegedly by Ayub Khan but escaped the murder attempts. Moreover, efforts were also made to burn him. In this attempt, his personal library was burnt to ashes. He was arrested so many times and served imprisonments. He also tried his best and started campaigns to unite the Eastern Pakistan but military dictators pushed them behind. He united all political parties against martial law in 1972..He along with Begum Nusrat Bhutto united all the opposition parties again in 1981 and created a new party in the name of MRD due to which Zialul Haq administration put him behind bars. After the dictators death, he won election and became MNA in 1988 and Benazir Bhutto became the prime minister of Pakistan. In 1993, then president Ghulam Ishaq Khan dissolved assemblies and announced elections wherein he again succeeded and became MNA and Benazir Bhutto invited Nawab Sahib to join her government but he refused to do so. He remained a part of Kashmir issue in the past and accepted the designation of president of Kashmir Committee by the then PPP government on one term that the government would make efforts to get United Nations resolutions of 1949 implemented. He highlighted the Kashmir issue on national and international levels. He played a key rule to unite all the political parties under the umbrella of the Movement for Restoration of Democracy in 2000 against military dictator Pervez Musharraf. In respond, all the political parties signed a charter for the restoration of democracy in Pakistan. It was the biggest platform of democratic political parties in the history of Pakistan. Nawabzada was a great democratic leader who spent his life in this way and never supported military dictators though he had to pay heavily for that. The great leader died on September 26, 2003 of a heart disease. YOUN TO MEHFIL SAY TERI OTH GAEY SAB DIL WALY IK DEEWANA THA WO BHI NA RAHA KEHTY HAIN