SARAJEVO (AFP) - Bosnian forensic experts said Wednesday they completed exhumation work of a mass grave that revealed the bodies of at least 59 Croat and Muslim victims of a wartime cliff massacre. The remains exhumed account for at least 59 people, Bosnian Missing Persons Commission spokeswoman Lejla Cengic told AFP. An unknown number of remains that had been burned were also found but their number is still impossible to establish before DNA analysis, Cengic said. The exhumation was seen as one of the toughest from Bosnias 1992-1995 war as the remains were found at the bottom of the Koricanske Stijene cliff inaccessible by foot. Forensic experts were forced to descend down a 300-metre rock face using climbing gear after their path was checked for unexploded bombs thrown into the gorge in a bid to destroy evidence. There were thought to be as many as 200 victims whom Serb forces took from notorious detention camps around the northwestern town of Prijedor soon after the outbreak of the war. The victims were forced to kneel at the edge of the cliff, shot by a firing squad and the bodies pushed into the ravine, according to accounts from 12 people who survived the massacre. The remains were since covered with piles of garbage and rocks. In 2004, a UN war crimes tribunal sentenced former Bosnian Serb police officer Darko Mrdja to 17 years in prison for his role in the shootings. The tribunal also sentenced wartime Prijedor mayor Milomir Stakic to 40 years imprisonment for charges including the execution of prisoners at Koricanske Stijene. In July, a Bosnian court jailed a former Serb military policeman for 14 years over his role in the massacre. At the start of the 1992-1995 war, Serb forces captured around two-thirds of Bosnia including Prijedor, killing many Muslims from towns as part of an ethnic cleansing campaign. About 100,000 people were killed in the conflict.