ISLAMABAD - The top bosses of the Federal Investigation Agency are allegedly hampering the investigations into Haj scam and not registering the fresh cases against the accused including former minister Hamid Saeed Kazmi regarding the mega corruption scandal on the recommendations of the investigators. The Supreme Court of Pakistan has already stopped the DG FIA from dealing with this mega scam owing to his slackness and poor performance. But the bosses of the FIA are creating hurdles in the smooth conduct of the investigations and altogether ignoring the recommendations of the investigation team regarding registration of fresh cases against former minister for religious affairs Hamid Saeed Kazmi and former secretary establishment Ismail Qureshi. The Supreme Court of Pakistan will hear the case regarding complaints about mismanagement in Haj affairs today (Thursday). The Nation has learnt reliably that the FIA's investigation team had requested to its DG as well as additional director general (ADG) for the registration of three fresh cases - one against Hamid Saeed Kazmi and second against Ismail Qureshi - but the request was turned down due to the unknown reasons. The investigation team has also unearthed another scam amounting to Rs200 million in the affairs of Haj for the year 2009 and made a request for the registration of a case but the top brass of the agency is not ready to entertain it. The investigators during investigations have found that 80,000 pilgrims were to go to Saudi Arabia from Pakistan to perform the Haj in 2009 but the Ministry of Religious Affairs sent only 75000 pilgrims. Thus the Ministry caused loss of Rs200 million to the national exchequer as 11 buildings rented for the 5000 pilgrims remained vacant despite the fact that the amount had been paid in the form of the rent. The investigation team has also recommended registration of a case against Hamid Saeed Kazmi for illegally appointing Ahmed Faiz, the main accused in the scam, as building supervisor in Saudi Arabia and making an official request to the directorate general of passport and immigration for the issuance of an official passport to him. The investigators during the probe have found that Hamid Saeed Kazmi had written a letter to the Passport Directorate for issuance of a passport to Ahmed Faiz. Kazmi in his statement recorded before FIA has said that he did not knew Mr Faiz. FIA top brass has also turned down the request of investigators and no case has been registered against Hamid Saeed Kazmi so far. The investigators have also recommended registration of third case against former secretary establishment Ismail Qureshi but FIA big guns are also reluctant to entertain it. The investigators have recommended that the former secretary establishment had appointed Rao Shakeel Ahmed as DG Haj despite the fact that there were corruption cases against him. The investigators in their recommendation said that the former secretary had misused his powers and a case should be registered against him under Section 9 of the Rules of Civil Government regarding misuse of powers.