QUETTA - Activists of Baloch Human Rights Organisation (BHRO) on Sunday held a protest demonstration outside Quetta Press Club to condemn the alleged military action in Panjgur district and recovery of 15 bodies from a mass grave in Khuzdar which are believed to be of missing persons.
Participants of demonstration were carrying placards and banners inscribed with various demands, and shouting slogans demanding for immediate halt of military action in Panjgour and other parts of Balochistan.
Addressing on the occasion, leaders of BHRO alleged that human rights violations were underway in Balochistan despite change of government.
“There are torture cells in different parts of Khuzdar district where Baloch political workers are being subjected to worse torture,” they claimed, adding, that over 15 bodies were recovered from a mass grave in Khuzdar that indicated that innocent people were killed and buried.
They alleged that Baloch activists, including Agha Abid Shah, Master Safeer and Master Sattar who were allegedly picked up government agencies found dumped in Panjgour. “Security forces ambushed a house in Washbood area of Panjgour and killed Shah Mir, Imam Ali, Ghulam Ali and Ismail Hasrat after declaring them militants,” they stated.
They said that the security forces were also conducting action in Mastung against innocent Baloch people.
They demanded of the United Nations and other humanitarian organisations to play their role in ending human rights violation in Balochistan.
Meanwhile, a complete shutter down strike was observed in different towns of Balochistan on Sunday to condemn the alleged military action in various parts of the province, including Panjgour.
The strike call was given by Baloch Republican Party and other Baloch nationalist parties, upon which markets and business centers remained shut down throughout the day, in Turbat, Tump, Mand, Panjgour, Nushki, Kalat and other towns .
215 MORE PILGRIMS FLOWN TO QUETTA: At least 215 Shia pilgrims stranded in Dalbandin in Chagai district flew to Quetta on Sunday in two C-130 aircrafts as government had suspended the highway for pilgrims following security concerns.
Provincial administration barred the Shia pilgrims from using the Taftan-Quetta, 700-kilometer long highway, after the gruesome suicide attack on one of the buses carrying Shia pilgrims in Mastung on January 21st.
The blast killed 28 people, including women and children, and injured around 40 others. “As many as 215 pilgrims took two C-130 flights arranged by the Federal government to reach Quetta from Dalbandin,” said Assistant Commissioner Dalbandin Abdul Razzaq.
It was the third flight taking Shia pilgrims to Quetta from Dalbandin during the last three days. A C-130 flew 150 pilgrims to Quetta on Friday while 215 pilgrims stayed in Dalbandin on Saturday and flew on Sunday to Quetta. “All the stranded pilgrims were provided with food, water and other necessities of life in Dalbandin,” said Home Secretary Balochistan.
Around 120 more Shia pilgrims entered Taftan border from Iran on Sunday.
“They will be taken to Dalbandin in tight security. They will also be flown to Quetta,” said Razzaq Sasoli.
Sasoli said there will be more Shia pilgrims arriving in Taftan in coming days after their pilgrimage in Iran and Iraq.