LAHORE – Five family members sustained burns when a fire broke out in their house in the Liaqatabad area, police sources said on Tuesday.

Firefighters said the fire erupted in the house of Rafique in the Habib Home Society on at the PECO Road because of short-circuit.

The injured were identified as Rafique, his wife Balqees, two daughters Aman and Iqra and a nephew Husnain. Firefighters managed to extinguish the fire after hectic efforts. 

In another incident, goods and valuables worth hundreds of thousands of rupees were reduced to ashes when fire broke out in a multi-storey plaza located near the Allama Iqbal International Airport. Firefighters said that the fire broke out because of short-circuit.