HANGU/PESHAWAR - As many as 32 people including police personnel were killed and at least 54 others injured in a powerful blast, believed to be a suicide car bombing, near the District Coordination Officer (DCO) office and the district courts in Hangu on Thursday evening. The blast was severe in intensity as it jolted most of district Hangu and razed 15 shops. Several houses, the DCO office and a police station were partially damaged. The blast caused an 8-feet crater on the ground. It was a second attack on law enforcement agencies (LEAs) in two days, as an explosives-laden mini-truck was rammed into a CID police station in the cantonment area of the Peshawar city on Wednesday. Local people rushed to the blast site and initiated rescue activities, shifting the injured to District Headquarters Hospital, Hangu, where emergency was declared. Some of the critical injured were shifted to Lady Reading Hospital in Peshawar. The body parts of the killed were lying scattered all over the place while the people searched through the rubble for their dear ones. Heavy contingents of police were deployed to cordon off the area after the blast. Agencies add: Police deputy inspector general Masood Khan Afridi said, The bomber blew up his car at a checkpoint close to the city police station. A pick-up vehicle crossed the district police office in the town of Hangu, police official Latif Khan said, before exploding at a barrier outside the police station. Regional police spokesman Fazal Naeem feared most of those killed were policemen and predicted that the toll would rise, because there are offices and residences of senior police and administration officials near the attack site. Hangu district has a history of sectarian violence, and is close to tribal areas bordering Afghanistan. We accept responsibility for this attack. This was a small attack to avenge Osamas martyrdom, a spokesman for Taliban, Ehsanullah Ehsan, told AFP by telephone from an undisclosed location. Soon you will see bigger attacks. Revenge for Osama cant be satisfied just with small attacks, he said. The umbrella group have claimed a string of attacks on the security forces to avenge the Al-Qaeda chiefs killing on May 2 in an American special forces raid that apparently unfolded without the military realising. Separately, a blast was heard on Thursday in Miranshah, the main town of North Waziristan region on the Afghan border and casualties were feared, media and residents said. The main market in the town had been closed and security forces were firing in the air. The United States has long put pressure on Pakistan to lead a major air and ground offensive in North Waziristan. Militant bombings have killed more than 4,400 people in Pakistan since July 2007 as the Taliban and militants linked to Al-Qaeda wage a bloody onslaught on Pakistan. Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani convened a meeting of the defence committee of the cabinet on Wednesday to review security measures, which was attended by cabinet ministers, army, navy, air and intelligence chiefs. On the same day, nine security personnel were killed and a police station flattened in a massive suicide truck bomb in Peshawar. Meanwhile, the Taliban have said that they would continue their subversive activities even after the pullout of the US and allied troops from Afghanistan. Talking to the BBC, the Taliban Mogmand Agency spokesman said the militant outfit is carrying out organised attacks against selected targets in Pakistan to avenge Osama bin Ladens killing. He said the Taliban would strive for enforcement of Shariah in Pakistan even after the allies pullout.