KARACHI - The Sindh government has proposed Rs150 billion provincial development budget for financial year 2012-13. However, a proposal of over Rs20 billion development budget for districts and foreign-funded development projects would be the part of the budget.

This was proposed in a meeting held at the Chief Minister’s House on Saturday. CM Syed Qaim Ali Shah presided over the meeting which finalised the Annual Development Programme 2012-13. The meeting also discussed various proposals with regard to the Annual Development Programme 2012-13 and overall budget proposals for next financial year.

The progress and overall expenditures on the current ADP-2011-12 were also reviewed. The meeting was informed that out of Rs111 billion, an amount of Rs92 billion was released and so far 54 per cent of the allocation has been spent while the expenditure is expected to be incurred in the month of June.

The CM said the present elected government has emphasised the need to provide relief to the poor people while it is endeavour of the Sindh government to initiate and complete maximum development schemes in the province. He said the schemes which are near to their completion should be given priority.

Qaim said it is an encouraging that during the meeting of National Economic Council (NEC) held on May 24 under the Chairmanship of Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani, 166 schemes located in Sindh were included in the proposed federal PSDP-2012/13 for which funds worth Rs48 billion have been allocated.

The meeting was attended among others by Sindh Finance Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah, Chief Secretary Raja Muhammad Abbas, Additional Chief Secretary (P&D) Israr Malik, Secretary Finance Naveed Kamran Baloch, Secretary Development, Special Secretary Development, Special Secretary Technical, Special Secretary (S&T), Senior Chief (W/A) and other officials concerned.

Khuhro condoles family of AT rally victim: Acting Governor Nisar Ahmed Khuhro on Saturday condoled the family of PIA officer Ghazala Batool Siddique, who was killed in the attack on an Awami Tehreek rally on May 22.

After offering condolences to the bereaved family at its residence in Gulshan-e-Hadeed area, the acting governor, while talking to the media, condemned the attack on the rally. He said that people living in the province were all Sindhis and that there was no place for anyone who called himself as Muhajir. He said the people knew those hatching the conspiracy of Mohajir province. Meanwhile, Awami Tehreek leader Rasool Bux Palijo also visited the bereaved family for offering condolence.