KARACHI  - The unprecedented slash in the rate of Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) price by Rs 30.90 per kilogram, following the directives of Supreme Court of Pakistan is warmly welcomed by the citizens, who have termed it an Eid prior to Eid, saying it would certainly ease their financial burden and help stabilize their budget. “It’s indeed a landmark verdict of Supreme Court that brought down CNG prices significantly. I am very pleased to have this news. Rs 92 per kg for filling in CNG in my car was totally out of my expenses but the new price - Rs. 54 is very much affordable for me under regular expenditure,” says Arshad Khan, a private bank employee.For Region-I (Potohar, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, and Balochistan) the CNG prices has been slashed by Rs30.90 to Rs61.64 per kilogram. While for Region II (Sindh, Punjab),and adjoining areas excluding Potohar) the new price of CNG is fixed at Rs54.16 with a decrease of Rs30.38 per kilogram.A 38-year-old, a school teacher, Muhammad Shahid Younus also expressed his pleasure on the massive decrease in CNG prices. “I used to recall the time when CNG was Rs 35 per kg three years ago, but the reduction of Rs 30 is a miracle during the tenure of this government. All credit must be given to SC for announcing the verdict in the better interest of masses. Rs. 54 of CNG /kg, though not that small, but given the current circumstances and rising inflation it seems to be something big,” he said.The SC verdict came after it resumed on Thursday hearing the case regarding petroleum and CNG prices and issued the interim order, declaring the current CNG pricing formula against the law and ordered Pakistan’s Oil and Gas Regulation Authority (Ogra) to revise its prices.Chief Justice of Pakistan Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhary, in his remarks, said that CNG stations earned a per kilo profit of Rs 11.91, and the price of CNG should not be linked with that of petrol and that the 50 per cent profit margin on CNG was exploitation of consumers.Chairman CNG Dealers Association Abdul Sami Khan could not be contacted despite several attempts and his cell-phone was also switched off.