ISLAMABAD - Four-member of a family including mother and her three children died of suffocation owing to overnight gas leakage in their room on Tuesday.

The tragic incident took place in the federal capital in the jurisdiction of Shahzad Town Police Station.

According to details available by the police officials, dead included 40-year-old Amir Bibi, Khaseeb Hassan, 8, Mohammad Junaid, 3, and Ayesha Bibi, 5. While the police team is investigating the case, however, a spokesperson of Islamabad police said that the mother and children died of suffocation due to leakage of coal gas into the room.

“According to preliminary investigation, the family died of suffocation due to leakage of coal gas into the room, however, police is investigating the case on different angles too,” Mohammad Naeem, a media official of Islamabad police told TheNation on Tuesday.