ISLAMABAD - The Supreme Court on Thursday was informed that the 30 officers out of total 43 whom notices were issued in ISAF scam case have submitted their replies, the court stated that it seemed that the remaining officers were either not interested or had nothing to produce in their defence. The court has ordered the remaining officers particularly chairman National Logistic Cell (NLC) and two former chiefs to submit their replies within three days. The court expressed annoyance over the behaviour of NLC chairman for not accepting the notices. The Chief Justice said that the dispatcher had informed the court that he went to deliver the notice to the chairman NLC but he sent it back by saying, "We are not receiving the court notice. If there will be any need then we will take it." Afnan Kundi, counsel for NLC chairman, however, apologised on behalf of his client, saying, "In fact after reading the newspapers my client was eagerly looking for the notice." He said that the NLC was in the area of GHQ, therefore, the dispatcher could not talk to the NLC chairman directly and the officer at the gate told him all that. "If it had come in the NLC chairman's notice he must have received it," he said. "We will see this matter by our own", the Chief Justice said. The court was informed that the replies of Member Customs Munir Qureshi and former member customs Afzal were ready, on which the court directed them to submit their replies with the Registrar Office. Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) Chairman Salman Siddique assured the court that the officials involved in the illegal practices would not be spared and the embezzled money would be recovered at any cost. The court made the chairman's statement part of the record. The FBR counsel, Raja Muhammad Irshad, told the court that a team had been constituted under the headship of a senior official Hafiz Muhammad Idrees to probe into the pilferage of containers. He said that in pursuance of the court orders, responsible officials had also been issued notices, however, some officials were yet to submit their comments. The Chief Justice said it was an issue of very serious nature. After hearing FBR counsel's statement about appointments and transfers of officials, the Chief Justice said that the FBR chairman was taking stern actions, thus it seemed that he would also be removed from his post and made the Balochistan chief secretary. The FBR chairman assured the court that its orders would be implemented. He said that the improvement was being made in the ATT, as scanning and tracking systems were being installed. He said after that it would become clear that what had been brought in the containers and what had been delivered at the end point. Justice Ramday said what would be the check on the officials involved in the scanning. The FBR chairman said there was no need of centralising this system, as cross check would be kept in this matter. He said that a report about the process of transportation would also be submitted. At present, he said, the tax gap in Pakistan was 79 percent. He said the steps being taken would start yielding results within a month. On court's insistence, Salam Siddique said the preliminary information about smuggling through ISAF and NATO containers was given by an FBR employee Lutfullah Virk, who had been transferred. To a court's query, the FBR chairman said steps were being taken in the light of Federal Tax Ombudsman's (FTO) report over the issue, besides comments were also being prepared, which would soon be submitted in the court. The court adjourned hearing till February 10 directing the FBR to submit complete report over the matter.