SRINAGAR/NEW DELHI (Agencies) Veteran Kashmiri leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani was again put under house arrest by Indian authorities after his return from Delhi where he met Pakistani Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar. A Hurriyat spokesman Aiyaz Akbar said immediately after Geelani landed at Srinagar Airport, Station House Officer (SHO) of police station Humhama in central Kashmir put him in a police jeep. However, he was later taken to his Hyderpora residence where he was put under house arrest, Aiyaz said. He said a large number of security forces and state police personnel remained deployed outside Geelanis house and he was informed that he cannot leave till further orders. Meanwhile, Hina Rabbani Khars meeting with Kashmiri leaders soured the atmosphere ahead of peace talks, an Indian government source said Wednesday. Khar, after arriving in New Delhi on Tuesday afternoon, met Syed Ali Shah Geelani. It was not a good idea at all, a senior government source told AFP on condition of anonymity. Since we have already said we are willing to have discussions on all issues with Pakistan, including the Jammu and Kashmir issue, no useful purpose can be served by such exercises, said the source. He added that the meeting, at a time when the countries are trying to build trust and confidence in each other, does not help the process at hand. Terming the meeting between Hina Rabbani Khar and Kashmiris as 'breach of protocol, the BJP on Wednesday demanded an inquiry into it. We demand a probe into the circumstances in which Kashmiri leaders met Khar ahead of parleys with External Affairs Minister SM Krishna. It is a breach of protocol, BJP leader Shamsher Singh Manhas told reporters in Jammu. He urged the Indian Prime Minister to order probe into it and put the facts before the country. This is a dangerous trend.... Either the central government has facilitated the meeting and or it did not know about it? If they have facilitated, the Centre should make a statement on the reasons for it. If they did not know, it is the failure of the security setup as to how they (separatists) reached the meeting venue, he questioned.