NEW YORK The body of Michael Jackson has been released to his family for burial after an autopsy failed to immediately determine what killed the "King of Pop" as most of the Jackson family gathered in suburban Los Angeles home of his parents. According to reports, they are contemplating funeral arrangements and caring for his three children. They are feeling confused, upset and angry by the lack of information about those who were around the pop superstar in his final days. His sudden death on Thursday dominated worldwide headlines and touched off two days of tributes from fans. No funeral plans have so far been disclosed to the public. Meanwhile, Sony executives in New York were on the phone all night Thursday with advisers to Mr. Jackson trying to understand the financial morass the pop star is leaving behind. Its all a mess, said one executive involved in Mr. Jacksons financial affairs who spoke on the condition of anonymity out of respect for the entertainers family. No one really knows what is going on, but these are early days. Jacksons business life, like his public life, was a perplexing mass of contradictions, the Times said. Unlike many performers, he was a keen negotiator and shrewd investor in 1985 he pulled off one of the great deals in music business history when he bought the publishing rights to the Beatles catalog for $47.5 million. Today it is part of a larger collection of songs worth more than $1 billion, and owned in partnership with Sony. In Los Angeles, the Coroner's officials have said that with no outward signs of trauma to Jackson's body or evidence of foul play, they would have to wait for the results of toxicology tests and other studies to establish a cause of death. Speculation has centered on Jackson's use of prescription drugs and reports that he was injected with the narcotic painkiller Demerol shortly before collapsing at his rented mansion in a Holmby Hills neighbourhood of Los Angeles. The 50-year-old entertainer was in full cardiac arrest when paramedics arrived, with his personal physician, identified as Dr. Conrad Murray, trying desperately to revive him. Police towed Murray's silver Mercedes from the driveway of the home where Jackson died, saying they wanted to search it for evidence and medication, and have sought to arrange further interviews with the Houston-based cardiologist. The Los Angeles Times reported that Murray had agreed to meet with detectives with his attorney present, although he has not been accused of any wrongdoing. Few details were released about the autopsy's findings, but Fox News reported on its website that investigators found his body to be healthier and stronger than they had expected with some scarring on the face. Celebrity website, citing an interview with an unidentified "close member" of the Jackson family, has reported that the entertainer was injected with Demerol about half an hour before he went into cardiac arrest. TMZ, citing family members, said Jackson received a daily shot of Demerol, a narcotic painkiller, and that the family believed his death was caused by an overdose of the drug. A senior law enforcement official told ABC News that Jackson was "heavily addicted" to the painkiller Oxycontin and was injected daily with that medication, along with Demerol. Facing a battered reputation and a mountain of debt that The Wall Street Journal reported ran to $500 million, Jackson spent the last two months of his life rehearsing for a series of London concerts that were seen as a make-or-break comeback for the man who dominated the pop charts in the 1980s.