KARACHI : Fire erupted in a towel factory at Sohrab Goth industrial area in which a worker burnt alive and two others wounded. The whole factory was gutted before the firefighters reached. Police said the fire engulfed the towel factory situated at plot no 10, Ahsanabad, Gulshan-e-Maimar. Following the incident, fire brigade department rushed to the spot and tried to extinguish the fire. Seven fire tenders were participated in the rescue operation.

 It took some six hours to control the fire. Police said Muhammad Abid, 32, was sleeping at the roof of the factory at the time of the incident. Two others were also wounded. Later, Abid succumbed to injuries.

During investigation, it is revealed that the fire erupted due to short-circuit in factory’s generator. The whole factory and the stuff worth millions of rupees were gutted.