ISLAMABAD – Interior Minister Rehman Malik announced Tuesday that anyone providing information on the whereabouts of Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan spokesman Ehsanullah Ehsan would be awarded Rs200 million, raising the bounty from Rs100 million offered on October 16 following the assassination attempt on 14-year-old peace activist Malala Yousufzai. Talking to a group of reporters here, the minister alleged that the TTP spokesman had been working for foreign elements, and vowed to reveal everything about him soon. “The TTP is now divided and constitutes various factions, including Waliur Rehman group, Hakimullah Mehsud group,” Malik said as he questioned as to what kind of Shariah the Taliban wanted to enforce in Pakistan that legitimised killing of innocent civilians and sanctioned suicide bombings. He alleged that “terrorists” had been defaming the religion and Shariah for money, recalling that the government had struck a peace agreement with the Taliban in Swat but they themselves violated it. Malik however pointed out that if “terrorists and miscreants” surrendered and laid down their weapons, the government could consider giving them amnesty. Earlier, Malik during his meeting with Gilgit-Baltistan Chief Minister Syed Mehdi Shah said the federal government would soon release funds for the recruitment of more police personnel and launch wireless system in Gilgit-Baltistan. He said that all measures to maintain peace during Muharram had been taken on the directives of President Asif Ali Zardari. He also thanked clerics and religious scholars in Gilgit-Baltistan for playing positive role to ensure peace during Ashura. Chief Minister Mehdi Shah, who called on the interior minister, appreciated measures taken by him to maintain order and peace during Muharram. The TTP meanwhile threatened to kill eight kidnapped employees of the Gomal Zam Dam project by December 3, if the government failed to fulfill their ‘demands’. A video showing the kidnapped men seeking the government help and relaying the militants’ message was released on Tuesday by the TTP – giving the government six days to react.One of the kidnapped engineers, Shahid Ali Khan, is seen speaking in the video that has the TTP’s name written in the background, as well as gun-toting men whose faces cannot be seen.The eight workers had been taken captive from Tank-Wana Road on August 15 when they were on their way from Gomal Zam Dam to Dera Ismail Khan for Eidul Fitr holidays. Besides Sub-Divisional Officer Shahid Ali Khan, a resident of Swat, and sub-engineer Sanaullah, the abducted men also included four security personnel and two other staffers.The 46-minute video shows Khan narrating his ordeal in Urdu and the militants’ demands for their release, however, the nature of their demands remains unknown. In the video, he says, “Assalam-o-Alaikum, my parents and friends, I am Shahid Ali Khan, we are recording this video on November 23, 2012 and December 3 2012 is our deadline. If the government of Pakistan does not accept the demands, we will be killed. I am requesting the government, specially Wapda high officials and political agents in South Waziristan Agency to take measures for our release and accept their demands because we have been living the most difficult days of lives here. Thank you.”Security forces had managed to recover the vehicle of the kidnapped workers from Neeli Kach area of South Waziristan.Local political administration had also held a number of jirgas (tribal council) of Mehsud tribesmen to discuss the means for the safe recovery of the eight men.While no concrete demands have been put forth in this video from the militants, sources said the TTP included release of prisoners and ransom money of more than Rs100 million.