Abbottabad: A female student was injured, while nine fell unconscious as a fire erupted at a student’s hostel in Abbottabad.

Fire  erupted at Government Girls College Hostel in Abbottabad because of short circuiting  and engulfed the three rooms of the hostel,  injuring a student while nine other fell unconscious.

Rescue 1122 teams reached the scene and brought the fire under control. The rescue teams also shifted the injured and unconscious girl students to Ayub Medical Complex.

Emergency was declared at the Ayub Medical Complex after the incident where doctors said that condition of three under-treatment students is critical.

The identity of injured could not be ascertained immediately.