Three members of a family including a couple and their child died when they suffocated in the gas leakage in their house in Saryab Road area of Quetta on Saturday.

According to police, the incident took place at Bibi Nani area near Saryab Road where Javed Ahmed left the gas heater on before going to sleep due to severe cold in Quetta.

When the rest of the family tried to wake them up in the morning, Javed, his wife and their child were found dead in the room. It is thought that gas leakage from the heater led to suffocation.

Rescue teams shifted the bodies to Civil Hospital for medico-legal formalities.