KARACHI - Sindh High Court on Wednesday rejected the initial plea moved against the privatisation of the Qadirpur gas-field. A division bench of SHC comprising Justice Azizullah Memon and Justice Abdur Rehman Pirzada, after hearing the comments from both sides, rejected the plea against proposed privatisation of Qadirpur gas-field. The plaintiff Zaffar Mehmood and other submitted that Oil and Gas Development Company (OGDC) had issued tender for sale of one gas-field in Qadirpur to a foreign company that may cause a loss worth $150 million to the national exchequer. Meanwhile, another SHC bench comprising Chief Justice Anwar Zaheer Jamali and Justice Faisal Arab issued notice to Governor House and other respondents over the petition of its former controller who was removed from the office. Petitioner Mohammad Nawaz said that he was removed abruptly from the Governor House and the authorities concerned did not point out any reason for this action. He said that being a Sindh Rangers official he had been serving at the Governor House as controller from 1986 to 2003. He added that he had been recognised as honest and sincere official by former Sindh Governors, including Mehmood Haroon, who also awarded him a medal for good services while other governors, had appreciated his performance. But, later, without issuing him any notice he had been sacked from his job. The bench issued notice to the respondents, Governor House and Home department seeking their explanation. Similarly, another division bench of the Sindh High Court adjourned the hearing on a petition filed by Iqbal Kazmi and others regarding police excesses against the residents of Abdullah Shah Ghazi Goth. Assistant inspector general of police Anwar Alam Subhani appeared before the court and stated that an inquiry had been initiated and the concerned SSP suspended from his post. As many as thirty petitioners including, Iqbal Kazmi, Ghulam Mustafa, Shabbir Narijo and others submitted in the petition that on December 13, the police entered Abdullah Shah Ghazi Goth located in the jurisdiction of Sachal Police Station in Gulshan Town and started beating the residents without any charges. The plaintiffs alleged that police personnel deprived around 70 families of their valuables and made them hostage. They added that policemen also opened fire on the occasion that led to the killing of a 7-year-old boy, Faqir Mohammad. They made respondents to Chief Secretary, Home Secretary, Board of Revenue, SP Gulshan town and SHO Sachal police station.