RAHIM YAR KHAN - Cotton worth Rs15 million was burnt to ash in a fire here the other day.

Reportedly, a fired erupted in a local cotton factory on Manthar Road due to a short circuit. The fire was so intense that it engulfed the factory in a wink. According to factory owner Chaudhry Shafique, a cotton stock weighing 30,000 maunds was at the factory.

Rescue 1122 fire-fighters with the help of 10 fire-tenders struggled hard to douse off the fire but to no avail and had to called in three more fire-tenders from Sadiqabad to control the ablaze but the inferno could not be extinguished.